"Change Your Mind... Change Your Heart... Lose Weight for LIFE!" is the mantra of the Healthy Carb Cookbook for Dummies® by health advocate and food writer, Jan McCracken. Tucked between pages filled with Jan's humor, you'll get a mini-course on the glycemic index, glycemic load and why they're so important; why calories "still" count; how to keep your metabolic fires burning for health; and, easy to digest nutritional facts of living a healthy lifestyle.
Jan takes you shopping aisle by aisle at the grocery store, guiding you in the right direction for continuing to develop a healthy lifestyle for LIFE! She gives you the no-no's of prepared foods and how to find hidden sugars that you may not be aware are lurking to undermine your weight loss and healthy lifestyle.
Healthy Carb Cookbook For Dummies® gives you loads of easy to understand nutritional information plus more than 100 outrageously delicious and easy "real food" recipes like Apricot-Cheddar Brunch Toast, Lasagna, Key West Ribs, and to calm the sweet tooth, a whole chapter on desserts that includes delicious Meringue Shells with Berry Filling, Old-Fashioned Blueberry Cobbler and Chocolate Fruit Pizza. This fun and helpful book includes:
- A complete nutritional analysis for each recipe
- Healthy recipes for great traditional foods, including Southern fried chicken and Philly cheese steak sandwiches
- Quick and easy recipes for a great Waldorf Salad To Go and terrific Skillet Suppers
- Time saving Slow Cooker recipes so dinner is ready when you come through the door
- Fun and hearty wraps you're gonna love
- Great recipes for "hits the spot" desserts, including old-fashioned favorites like Dirt Cake, Chocolate Bread Pudding, Raspberry Ribbon Pie and lots of fun variations with meringue basics
- Tips on using spices creatively for variety and flavor
- Guidelines for when you're dining out or brown-bagging it, with lots of encouragement and good reasons for brown-bagging healthy
The Everything Lactose-Free Cookbook offers 300 delicious recipes so that people who are lactose intolerant can enjoy their favorite meals again, packed with all readers need to.
Book includes how to: use 300 delicious recipes using soy milk, yogurt, cheese and other dairy substitutes; prepare breakfast in a glass, home-made pancake syrups and granola toppings; whip up special coffees and teas; make quick breads, hot and cold soups and delicious pasta dishes; create entrees like mushroom burgers and spicy chicken and mango sauce; cook up cookies, bars & muffins as well as cakes & delightful desserts; and feed lactose intolerant kids food they will love.
Complete with nutritional information for each recipe, The Everything Lactose-Free Cookbook also addresses lactose-intolerant kids, discusses alternatives and substitutes for milk and shows readers how to properly read nutritional labels.